-2.1 C
New York City
Monday, October 18, 2021
Home CRIME&SECURITY Taliban Condemns U.S. Airstrikes in Afghanistan

Taliban Condemns U.S. Airstrikes in Afghanistan

Taliban’s senior leader, Abdul Haq Wasiq, denounced the U.S. airstrikes in Afghanistan, describing it as a violation of the U.S.-Taliban peace deal, local media reported on Monday.

“The airstrikes inside Afghanistan violated the Doha agreement inked in February last year and ‘America does not have the right to conduct operations in Afghanistan soil,” Tolo News quoted the official as saying.

Following the deadly terrorist attack on the Kabul airport Thursday evening for which ISIS-K, an affiliate of the Islamic State group active in Afghanistan, claimed responsibility, the U.S. military launched a drone strike in the eastern Nangarhar province on Friday.

In the meantime, Taliban spokesman, Zabihullah Mujahid, told the media that two persons were killed and four others, including two children and two women, were injured in the drone strike.

Mujahid also said the U.S. had to share its intention for the attack with the Taliban before launching it.

According to the Pentagon, the U.S. military on Friday launched a drone strike against the terror group in Nangarhar province of eastern Afghanistan, which killed two “high-profile” members and wounded another, in retaliation for the deadly airport attack.

In addition, U.S. military carried out an airstrike in Kabul on Sunday against a suspected ISIS-K vehicle, which could pose an imminent threat to the airport.

“We are assessing the possibilities of civilian casualties, though we have no indications at this time. We remain vigilant for potential future threats,” U.S. Central Command Spokesman, Bill Urban, said in a statement.

Kabul was under the spell of attacks in recent days.

Following the terrorist attack on the airport on Thursday, which left more than 170 people dead, including 13 U.S. soldiers, six civilians and four children were killed by a rocket fired by unknown militants in Kabul’s Khwaja Bughra neighborhood on Sunday evening.

Five rockets were also fired early Monday at the airport where the U.S.-led evacuation flights were continuing, witnesses said. (Xinhua)

©Copyright MOTORING WORLD INTERNATIONAL.
All rights reserved. Materials, photographs, illustrations and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior written permission from Motoring World International

Contacteditor@motoringworldng.com

Leave a Reply

Most Popular

Carmakers Shift Up a Gear in Race to Go Electric

With electric car sales soaring and regulations increasingly favouring zero-emission vehicles, a flurry of announcements today (Monday) showed how the global auto industry has...

Weekly Review: NNPC Mulls Rebuilding Roads under Tax Credit Scheme

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) started its week with an engagement with critical stakeholders in a bid to find lasting solutions to the...

Ember months: FRSC Takes Campaign to Motor Park

The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) RS7.22 Suleja Unit Command in Niger has begun ember months campaign to curb fatality during the period. A statement...

Hyundai Clinches Victory at FIA World Rally Championship

Hyundai Motorsport has taken its third victory of the 2021 FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) with a superb double podium finish in Rally de...
error: Content is protected !!
%d bloggers like this: