Road Safety

Oyeyemi Charges Commanding Officers on Purposeful Leadership

At the first quarter review of the 2017 Management/Commanding Officers Strategy Session of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC)  at the Corps’ Academy  at Udi, Enugu state, the Corps Marshal of the FRSC, Dr Boboye Oyeyemi has charged Unit Commanders from across the commands of the federation to provide purposeful leadership in their commands for the stability of the Corps.  ...

Read More »

Oyeyemi Condemns Violence against FRSC Personnel

The Corps Marshal of the Federal Rod Safety Corps (FRSC), Dr Boboye Oyeyemi has condemned in strongest terms acts of violence being perpetrated against personnel of the FRSC on official duties and vandalism of road signs by miscreants who remove or deface them, saying such acts run contrary to the spirits of humanity and collective responsibility in road traffic management. Dr ...

Read More »

FRSC Operatives Nab Suspected Child Trafficker

The Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, has revealed that its operatives in Kaduna State in the course of their duties impounded a vehicle for overloading and broken windscreen only to later discover occupants of the vehicle are suspected child traffickers with minors heading to unknown destination. In a statement released by the Head Media Relations and Strategy of the Corps, ...

Read More »

Road Crash Kills 1, 466 Nigerians

MATILDA FRANCES Not less than 1,466 Nigerians, including woman and children, lost their lives in road accidents that occurred across Nigeria, during the first quarter of 2017. As recorded in the Road Transport data of the nation’s National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), 1,363 of the deceased, representing 93% of the figure, are adults, while the remaining 103, representing 7% o ...

Read More »

FRSC Arrests 130 Drivers over Speed Limiter

The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) said it had arrested 130 commercial drivers in Eket, Akwa Ibom State for failure to install the Speed Limiting Device on their vehicles. The FRSC Unit Commander in Eket, Mr Nicholas Akueme, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Tuesday. The FRSC had commenced enforcement of the device ...

Read More »

FRSC Boss Declares War Against Overloading

Worried by rampart cases of overloading with human beings and goods being noticed in Gusau, Zamfara state, the Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Dr Boboye Oyeyemi has declared a major operation against the menace of overloading, giving a marching order to the sector commander to immediately eradicate the practice with all the might of the command. ...

Read More »

Eight Out Of Ten Motorists Have No Idea about New Speeding Fine Structure

More than eight out of every 10 British motorists are unaware of new speeding fines, which could see someone earning £50,000 pay a fine of £1000* for travelling 41mph in a 20mph limit, according to research carried out by leading consumer motoring website www.HonestJohn.co.uk  In a survey carried out by the website**, 84% of respondents said they didn’t know what ...

Read More »

Search here