[dropcap]J[/dropcap]ust in time for top-down convertible driving weather, the E-Class Cabriolet will premiere in the U.S. at the New York International Auto Show on April 12th. The new E-Class Cabriolet four-seater combines pure, elegant design with long-distance comfort for four occupants and the latest E-Class technology.
Available for the first time with 4MATIC all – wheel drive, the E-Class Cabriolet also boasts AIRCAP® wind deflector and AIRSCARF® neck-level heating technology to enhance comfort when driving with the top down.
The new Cabriolet is the newest and final member of Mercedes-Benz’s new E-Class family, which has been entirely renewed within the last year. When the soft top is up, the E-Class Cabriolet has a silhouette similar to that of the E-Class Coupe and displays the same expressive proportions and clean lines. The “hot and cool” design idiom represents both elegance and intelligence, and shapes the appearance of the Cabriolet, which nevertheless exudes a unique character – especially when the soft top is down.
Premium-class fabric soft top
With the new E-Class Cabriolet, Mercedes-Benz is continuing its tradition of high- caliber cabriolets with a classic fabric soft top. Available in dark brown, dark blue, red or black, the fully automatic acoustic soft top features sophisticated insulation that reduces wind and driving noise at highway speeds. The soft-top structure and insulation has an equally positive effect on climate control and comfort, making the Cabriolet suitable for use year-round.
Even with the top down, the trunk capacity offers a high level of everyday practicality, with enough space to store luggage for a weekend getaway. The 50:50 folding rear seat backrests create a through-loading feature in the interior – another advantage when it comes to daily driving.
Larger and more luxurious: interior comfort for four
Compared with its predecessor, the new E-Class Cabriolet has grown in length, width, wheelbase, and boasts a wider track. Its considerably larger footprint benefits passengers in the rear in particular. On each of the four high-quality seats – which all feel like individual seats in their own right – passengers can all enjoy true comfort even on long journeys.
The luxurious seats for all four occupants have a sportily sculpted individual-seat character. Standard-fit automatic belt presenters for the front seats help the occupants to fasten their seat belts.
Open-air driving comfort all year
Maximum open-air comfort makes the E-Class Cabriolet a pleasure to drive with the top down as often as possible. Mercedes-Benz was the first manufacturer to bring neck-level heating to market with AIRSCARF® technology, which makes top-down driving enjoyable even at low temperatures by circulating warm air around the neck area in cooler weather. The available AIRCAP® system was developed specifically for Mercedes-Benz cabriolets and consists of an electric wind deflector inconspicuously integrated into the roof frame and an electric wind blocker behind the rear seats. At the press of a button, this system reduces the interior turbulence for the rear passengers as well. A number of additional features make the E-Class Cabriolet suitable for all seasons and weather conditions:
- Acoustic soft top insulated to protect against heat and cold
- Heat-reflecting leather in conjunction with leather appointments
- Individually folding rear seat backrests with through-loading feature
- Available 4MATIC all-wheel drive
- MAGIC VISION CONTROL® – the intelligent and highly efficient wash/wipe
system for the windscreen – is heated when the outside temperature falls to prevent snow or ice from sticking in winter.
The E-Class Cabriolet will join a range of convertibles in the Mercedes-Benz lineup, including the smart fortwo cabriolet and smart electric drive cabriolet, C-Class Cabriolet, S-Class Cabriolet, SLC, SL and AMG GT Roadsters and the ultra- exclusive Mercedes-Maybach S650 Cabriolet. The 2018 E-Class Cabriolet will go on sale in the U.S. later this year.
- smart fortwo electric drive cabrio (RWD)
- smart fortwo cabrio gasoline (RWD – MY17)
- Mercedes-Benz C300 Cabriolet (RWD)
- Mercedes-Benz C300 4MATIC Cabriolet
- Mercedes-AMG C43 Cabriolet (4MATIC)
- Mercedes-AMG C63 Cabriolet (RWD)
- Mercedes-AMG C63 S Cabriolet (RWD)
- Mercedes-Benz E400 Cabriolet (RWD)
- Mercedes-Benz E400 4MATIC Cabriolet
- Mercedes-Benz S550 Cabriolet (RWD)
- Mercedes-AMG S63 Cabriolet (4MATIC)
- Mercedes-AMG S65 Cabriolet (4MATIC)
- Mercedes-Benz SLC300 Roadster (RWD)
- Mercedes-AMG SLC43 Roadster (RWD)
- Mercedes-Benz SL450 Roadster (RWD)
- Mercedes-Benz SL550 Roadster (RWD)
- Mercedes-AMG SL63 Roadster (RWD)
- Mercedes-AMG SL65 Roadster (RWD)
- Mercedes-AMG GT Roadster (RWD)
- Mercedes-AMG GT C Roadster (RWD)
- Mercedes-Maybach S650 Cabriolet (RWD)
©Copyright MOTORING WORLD INTERNATIONAL.
All rights reserved. Materials, photographs, illustrations and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior written permission from Motoring World International