A motorcyclist and his passenger got engulfed in fire yesterday, following collision with another motorcycle, resulting in petrol spillage on the road.
According to account of the Lagos state police command, the incidence, which took place at about 8.30pm yesterday, along Maidan Street, by Ajiliti area of Mile 12, involved a Motorcycle conveying a woman with a gallon of petrol stacked in a polythene bag. Following a collision with another motorcycle, the content spilled on the road and caught fire, which engulfed both motorcyclist, passenger and four others close by.
The Command, therefore appealed to members of the public to be mindful of how they handle petroleum products, stop mass storage of the product in their homes. Motorists, especially Tanker Drivers are equally admonished to observe traffic rules and speed limits to avoid such occurrences.