[dropcap]A[/dropcap] common proverb in certain parts of Nigeria literarily means “mothers are gold, and fathers, mirror”. North, South, East or West of Nigeria, mothers are revered.
It is Mother’s Day on Sunday. It’s a time for husbands to spoil the cherished gold in their lives. It’s time to show their appreciation for everything a mother does for her family. And what better way to express heartfelt thanks than by surprising her with the perfect SUV. One that will help her handle demands of family and work life, without sacrificing style and fun.
The new Ford Explorer is a dream vehicle, packed with features that offer high style, comfort and safety to mothers as they go about fulfilling their various roles as children’s chauffeur, errand runner and a successful role model at work. The typical mother – whether she lives in Lagos, Abuja or Port Harcourt – will undoubtedly love being turned into a Nollywood star. So why not pamper her and invest in a Ford Explorer.
This exquisite vehicle will ensure that she steps out of her car with the status she deserves as it plays up her adventurous side.
Here are five reasons why we reckon she would love the new Ford Explorer:
- She stays connected – Today’s Nigerian woman wants to remain in touch with family and friends while she’s on the go. Ford’s award-winning SYNC® with MyFord Touch® multimedia system helps her achieve just that.
- 2. Safety – for herself and her children – The new Explorer ensures your family’s safety. It boasts AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control, traction control, Trailer Sway Control, as well as Hill Start Assist and ABS brakes. A third-row safety canopy is included at the rear, linked to the Rollover Sensor. This is complemented by the standard Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), SecuriLock® Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) and SOS Post-Crash Alert System.
- The new Ford Explorer is something she can drive with pride – Sleek design anyone? Comfort, style and class are all important to the modern Nigerian woman. She wants the life of a Nollywood star. The Ford Explorer offers her that status. From those sleek lines to the variety of classy colours to choose from, driving a Ford Explorer will help her both feel and look good.
- This is for mothers who are tech savvy – The tech savvy woman will appreciate features such as Ford’s voice activated SYNC® system, a rear-view camera, a USB port, and MyKey – a family-friendly function which allows parents to set audio level restrictions for younger drivers. The Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa woman seeking a more luxurious experience may want to turn to the Explorer Sport, which comes with a 12-speaker Sony audio system, dual-zone automatic climate control, and a host of other premium luxury features.
- Mothers always need more space in their cars – The new Ford Explorer boasts a comfortable, spacious interior. Cargo space is abundant, making those long road trips between Lagos and Kogi, or Abuja to Makurdi easier than ever – even with the entire family along for the ride.
Ford Explorer was the second best-selling Ford model in Nigeria in 2015, outpaced only by the Ford Ranger. It has been America’s top-selling sports utility vehicle (SUV) for 25 years – with more than seven million sold in the United States alone
The SUV, which is on sale in Nigeria by Coscharis Motors and R.T Briscoe. 2016 model comes with three engine variants, including : 3.5-litre Ti-VCT V6, 2.3 litre Ecoboost and 3.5-litre Ecoboost, all mated to 6-speed select shift automatic transmission.
With a wheelbase of 112. 8 mm, the new Explorer is not only roomy, it seats 7 passengers conveniently, which further explains why Ford recommends it for mums and family.
By: BLESSING NWOBODO, Associate Analyst (Media), The Quadrant Company, Lagos